School Bus Operator:
School bus drivers transport America’s most precious passengers, come join us today!
School bus driving is great for stay at home parents, retirees, or anyone looking for extra income! Come join a quality team of Part-Time Employees driving school routes and field trips. We provide extensive training to applicants to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-B).
Benefits ALL Employees receive a $2000.00 per year retention bonus paid in $200 increments over 10 months.
- Starting Salary $16.33; 6-Months: $17.23; 1-year: $18.68. $12.00 per hour during training
- 25 - 35 hours per week
- Applicants that already hold a CDL-B, Airbrake, Passenger & SBC will receive $500 ($250 after 6 months, $250 after 1 year)
- Seven (7) Paid Holidays, One (1) Paid Snow Day & Perfect Attendance Bonuses
- Opportunity to become a Full-Time Transit Operator
- No cleaning, sweeping or fueling
- Physical & Drug Testing paid by MTA
- Ability to bring your children to work with you!
- Transport students to and from school in a safe, caring manner
- Optional extra work: school field trips and commercial charters
- Ensure a complete safety check of the vehicle before and after use
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Must be18 years of age or older and hold a valid driver license for a minimum of 2 years
- Must have an excellent driving history; “more than three (3) recorded moving violations during the past two years will disqualify your application”
- Can read and speak English sufficiently
- Has to pass a DOT physical examination in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Has to pass a DOT Drug/Alcohol screen in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Has to pass New Hampshire Criminal Background check
- You must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Any person applying for a job as a Bus Operator must inform Manchester Transit Authority of all previous employment as the driver of a commercial vehicle (covering the last ten (10) years).
This position requires the advanced technical knowledge and skills to perform corrective and preventative maintenance on all MTA vehicles, equipment, buildings, properties, and grounds. Particular attention will be given to a systematic and timely approach to performing quality repairs and maintenance. The technician will work closely with the Supervisor to assist in system analysis and policy implementation.
- Full Time Mechanic
- Paid Holidays and Attendance Bonuses
- Uniforms Provided
- Tool Allowance
- Medical and Dental Insurance
Bring a current copy of Motor Vehicle Record.
Manchester Transit Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Click here to download our application. Fill it out completely and mail it to:
Attn.: Hiring Manager
110 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03101
If you’d rather pick up a copy in person, we are located at 110 Elm Street, Manchester, though you will have to come down Gas Street to get to our main office.