How to Ride the Bus:
Click Here to see our Passenger Information and Polices Guide
Half Fare Ridership Policy
Passengers riding for half-fare must present to the driver an MTA identification card (ID) or a Medicare card (not a Medicaid card). To obtain an MTA ID card, please come down to the MTA for a photo between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
You will also need some documentation with you, as follows:
If you are 65 years of age or older, you will need paperwork documenting your birthday. This includes a birth certificate, picture ID with age or birth date, or Medicare card.
If you are disabled, you will need to fill out our physician verification form or present a Medicare card.
The cost for an MTA ID card is $2.00 for residents and $10.00 for non-residents.
Lost and Found
Found something on the bus? Please give it to the driver. If you have lost something on the bus, please call 603-623-8801. All items found on the bus are held at the MTA for seven days. The MTA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
How to Ride the Bus
- Arrive at the bus stop five minutes early.
- Have your fare or pass ready when boarding.
- Drivers may not make change for you.
- Smoking, consuming alcoholic beverages, or using foul language is not permitted on the bus.
- Signal the operator approximately one block before you want to get off.
- Deadly weapons as defined by RSA 625.11, V are not allowed on the bus.
- Please use handrails when boarding or exiting.
- Minimum age for passengers traveling without adult supervision is 12 years of age.
- If you are waiting for the bus somewhere that it is difficult or unsafe for the driver to pick you up, the driver will pull over somewhere safe ahead of you and wait for you to walk up. Not every intersection is safe for buses to stop.
If you have any questions, call us at 603-623-8801.
Baby Carriages, Strollers, Walkers, and Collapsible Carts
- In order to protect your safety, please adhere to the following rules.
- All children must be removed from any carriage or stroller for the duration of the bus ride.
- Children are to remain seated or held for the duration of the bus ride.
- Carriages, strollers, walkers, and carts must be empty and folded up, and placed between seats. They must remain out of the aisle.
- If a loaded folding cart will fit between seats, that is an acceptable method of securement.
For more information regarding passenger modifications: Click Here
For more information, ask your bus operator or call (603) 623-8801.